NOTICE OF SERVICE INTERRUPTION: Website request forms will be out of service during the maintenance window from 7:30PM-9:30PM Saturday May 21st. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Apple Valley Public Safety Personnel Honored For Lifesaving Teamwork

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

May be an image of 10 people and text that says 'COLONEL CLON(T) PAULC COOK FIRST DISTRICT UPERVISOR Une Town of Foa Apple Valley PUBLIC SAFETY Public Safety Personnel Honored For Lifesaving Teamwork Like Read more'

Field Representative Christopher Porter joined the Apple Valley Town Council Meeting in recognition of several individuals who saved the life of a man who was pulseless, and not breathing, following a cardiac arrest.

Thank you to ConFire dispatcher Nicole Hannibal, community member Victor Jimeniz, Apple Valley Fire Captain/Paramedics Jacob Salgado, Engineer/Paramedic Jay Northey, Firefighter/Paramedic Jason Ibarra, Fire Captain/Paramedic Shane Simpson and Firefighter/Paramedic Peter Horne for your lifesaving efforts.

We congratulate you on this honor, and appreciate your quick thinking and professionalism during what must have been a very stressful situation.

Below is full summary of the events taking place on October 16, 2021:

On October 16, 2021 at 10:59 a.m., Apple Valley Fire District Paramedic Engine 331 and Paramedic Squad 337 were dispatched to a report of a 64-year-old male not breathing after falling from a ladder. Upon arrival, Fire District personnel found a family friend (V. Jimeniz) was performing CPR with over the phone instructions from the ConFire Dispatcher (N. Hannibal). Paramedic Engine Crew 331 (J. Salgado, J. Northey, J. Ibarra) took over patient care. At this time the patient was pulseless, was not breathing and was in what is referred to as V-FIB (a pulseless cardiac rhythm). The patient was defibrillated multiple times and CPR was continued resulting in the patient regaining pulses. District personnel from Paramedic Patrol 337 (S. Simpson, P. Horne,) along with a crew from AMR, continued treatment and the patient was loaded into the ambulance. These lifesaving efforts continued as the patient was defibrillated a second time after going into a pulseless again, which brought him back into a viable rhythm. The patient was eventually transferred to hospital Emergency Room Staff at St. Mary’s Hospital for further treatment. After receiving the needed treatment, and remaining under the care of St. Marys’ for several days, the patient was eventually released and is recovering from this near-death event.