Several events are planned throughout the First District in recognition of our veterans.
- The City of Victorville will host its 25th Annual Veterans Day Parade & Ceremony on Nov. 11 at the corner of 7th Street & Forrest Avenue in Old Town Victorville. The event will begin with the annual Freedom Mile Run at 8:45 a.m. The Veterans Day Parade will begin at the corner of 7th Street and Tracy Street at 9 a.m. and proceed to the corner of 7th Street and Forrest Avenue where the ceremony will take place immediately following the conclusion of the parade.
- The Victor Valley Legacy Museum will host a reception for veterans, their families and friends, following the Victorville Veterans Day Parade & Ceremony. The event will feature a band, snacks, a cake, and Veteran displays in the parking lot. The museum will be open with more displays inside. The Victor Valley Legacy Museum is at 15492 Seventh Street. For information, call (760) 985-1918.
- City of Adelanto, Kicks Kafe Senior Club, and Leo Collins Post 229 are hosting a Veterans Day Ceremony at 10 a.m. Nov. 11. The event will take place on the steps of City Hall, located at 11600 Air Expressway, Adelanto. All are welcome to attend the event. Following the ceremony, Veterans are invited to enjoy a live band and barbecue at the Leo Collins American Legion, located at 11382 Lawson Ave. in Adelanto.
- Victor Valley College Veterans Resource Center will be hosting its 6th Annual Veterans Day Event, honoring all those who have served. The event will be held from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. TODAY on the lower campus parking lot Q, building 80.01C. For more information, please call 760-245-4271, ext. 2245.
- The Hesperia Recreation and Park District will be hosting a Veterans Day Ceremony at 11 a.m., Thursday, Nov. 11. The public, veterans, and their family members are encouraged to join this special remembrance commemorating the men and women who served in the armed forces — as well as past and present military personnel. The event is at Hesperia Lake Park, 7500 Arrowhead Lake Road, Hesperia.
- The Wrightwood Veterans Memorial will celebrate Veterans Day on Thursday, Nov. 11, beginning with a pre-show of patriotic singing at 10:45 a.m. The event will feature ringing of the Armistice Bell, followed by the presentation of colors, song, and a presentation wreath placed by the Girl Scouts. Matt Fell, Music Director at Serrano High School, will perform “Taps.” The event will take place at the Wrightwood Veterans Memorial on Evergreen Road, between Park Drive and Pine Street in the Village Center of Wrightwood.