All High Desert residents are invited to attend the “Earth Day at the MRF” celebration at the Victor Valley Materials Recovery Facility (MRF) on Saturday, May 7 from 8 a.m. to noon. The Victor Valley MRF is located at 17000 Abbey Lane in Victorville, just off of Stoddard Wells Road.
The Earth Day at the MRF celebration will include:
· Tire Amnesty—Free tire drop off for Victorville, Adelanto, Apple Valley, and unincorporated San Bernardino County, High Desert residents. ID is required, and there is a limit of nine tires per vehicle. Tires can be on or off the rim. Only car and light-truck tires will be accepted. No semi tires or tires from equipment, and no business tires, haulers, or dealers.
· Free Shred Fest—Residents can bring up to four 20-pound-boxes of confidential paper documents to shred for free. Shredding will be done on site by All Purpose Document Destruction. No business shredding will be accepted.
· Free Compost & Mulch Giveaway—Residents can get up to 50 gallons of compost and mulch for free. Bring your own shovel and containers!
· “Recycle Alley” Drop-off Center – Residents and businesses can drop off TVs, computers, appliances, clothing, shoes, and other recyclables for FREE during the event.
· Free Mattress & Box Spring Disposal—Residents can dispose of twin, full, queen, and king mattresses and boxsprings free of charge. No futons, sofa beds, or other furniture can be accepted.For more information call VVMRF 760-241-1284 or the City of Victorville Recycling Program 760-955-8615
Join RCPD Saturday, May 14, for the Ron Ives Bicycle Rodeo at Day Creek Park. Test your skills on the bicycle obstacle course, FREE continental breakfast, and FREE children's helmets (while supplies last.) The event begins at 8:30 a.m. and will run until 12:30 p.m.