Add on fees are in addition to the above waste disposal fees:
- Hard-To-Handle Fee-per ton: $53.14
- Hard-To-Handle minimum load (less than 2,000 lbs): $26.57
- Special Handling Fee-per ton: $53.14
- Special Handling minimum load (less than 2,000 lbs): $26.57
- Uncovered/unsecured loads are subject to an additional charge that
doubles your disposal fee (Click
HERE to view a
properly covered load)
Note: All fees paid in cash will be rounded to the nearest whole dollar. Rates shown include State fee, perchlorate surcharge, waste diversion program and disposal.
* More info on the safe disposal/recycling of this material is available here: www.sbcfire.org/hazmat/pdf/20071004_hazmat_electronic_waste_flyer.pdf
- Hazardous wastes such as liquid, semi-solid or solid wastes which are toxic, corrosive, flammable, explosive, infectious, an irritant, or a strong sensitizer (causing allergic reaction), and which constitute a high degree of hazard to beneficial air, water and ground uses.*
- Liquid waste in any form (septic waste is accepted at Landers and Barstow landfills).
- Sealed containers of any type.
- Hot ashes or burning materials.
- Items over ten (10) feet in length at landfills and over four (4) feet in length at transfer stations.
- Items containing mercury and/or lead such as household batteries, watch-type batteries, fluorescent tubes, thermostats and thermometers.*
- Medical Waste including sharps.
- Any waste not acceptable for disposal at a Class III disposal site.
- Treated wood (accepted only at the Mid-Valley Landfill in Rialto).
- Waste from outside of San Bernardino County.
- Televisions, computer monitors or other devices containing a Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) at sites without a scale house.
If you are unsure, please call the SWMD office, 909-386-8701.