The Second District encompasses 332 square miles and makes up the northwest portion of the San Bernardino valley and mountains. It is home to more than 405,000 residents. The Second District includes three incorporated cities.
The City of Fontana was incorporated in 1952. In 1906, Mr. A.B. Miller bought 18,000 acres with the vision of establishing a highly successful planned and organized rural community. The area began to colonize and in 1913 was christened Fontana.
The City of Rancho Cucamonga was incorporated in 1977. Mr. Tiburcio Tapia received a 13,000-acre land grant in 1839 and the Cucamonga Rancho was born. Cucamonga was a fertile, productive oasis and site of California's oldest winery (Thomas Brothers). John Rains and his wife, Dona Merced, purchased the Cucamonga Rancho in 1858. The Rains planted vineyards and built the first burned brick house in California.
The City of Upland was incorporated in 1906. George and William Chaffey, brothers from Ontario, Canada, came west in 1882 seeking a site for a new colony. The Chaffey brothers designed Euclid Avenue, a 200-foot wide, tree-shaded parkway that stretches from Ontario through Upland, both of the original colony.
The Second District also encompasses the unincorporated communities of Devore, Lytle Creek, San Antonio Heights, and Mt. Baldy as well as the entire Rim of the World mountain communities, including Agua Fria, Arrowbear Lake, Blue Jay, Cedar Glen, Cedarpines Park, Crestline, Deer Lodge Park, Enchanted Forest, Fredalba, Grass Valley, Green Valley Lake, Lake Arrowhead, Rim Forest, Running Springs, Skyforest, Smiley Park, Twin Peaks, and Valley of Enchantment.