Timeline and Guidelines for Certificates,
Proclamations, Resolutions, and Letters of Support
All requests must be in writing, including a contact name and phone number. Please indicate if you wish to pick up the requested document(s).
Submit requests to:
Supervisor Robert Lovingood
County Government Center, 385 N. Arrowhead Ave., 5th Fl., San Bernardino, CA 92415-0110
Certificates of Recognition Guideline:
- Please provide the occasion or event, the date of the occasion, the name(s) of the honorees, and any pertinent background on the honorees as it pertains to the recognition.
- Timeline: Requests for Certificates should be submitted no less than 2 weeks in advance of the event.
- Proclamations are for the purpose of honoring a day, week, or month, such as Red Ribbon Week, or Hispanic Heritage Month. Proclamations are subject to adoption by the Board of Supervisors. Please include the occasion, the day/week/month being recognized, a brief description of the occasion, and the organization recognizing the occasion. Consideration of any request to present the proclamation during a Board of Supervisors meeting will be based upon the subject matter’s relation to the business of the County. Request for Proclamations are roughly 7-8 lines and special verbiage may be requested.
- Timeline: Requests for Proclamations should be submitted no less than 4 weeks in advance of the event.
- Resolutions are for the purpose of honoring a person or an organization, such as the Boys and Girls Clubs of America. Resolutions are subject to adoption by the Board of Supervisors. Please include the name of the group or person(s) being recognized and a brief description of the honorees. Consideration of any request to present the resolution during a Board of Supervisors meeting will be based upon the subject matter’s relation to the business of the County. Resolutions are typically one page in length. Requests for resolutions must include the verbiage to be included in the resolution.
- Timeline: Requests for Resolutions must be submitted no less than 4 weeks in advance.
Letters of Support Guideline:
- Please provide a draft support letter that includes its purpose as well as the addressee information. All requests for letters of support will be reviewed by the Supervisor’s office and are subject to approval. Approved drafts will be edited accordingly. Also let our office know if you want the letter mailed directly to the addressee by a given date or the final returned to you.
- Timeline: Requests for Letters of Support must be submitted no less than 2 weeks in advance.