California Returns to Mostly Pre-COVID Norms
June 16, 2021
Life in California returned to "mostly" pre-COVID norms on Tuesday as many of the previous masking and capacity restrictions were lifted in the state. Here's what you should know:
• Fully vaccinated individuals don’t need to socially distance or wear face coverings in most indoor and outdoor settings.
• There are no more capacity limitations in restaurants, stores, hotels, theaters, etc. Outdoor live events with more than 10,000 people and indoor events with 5,000 or more attendees still face some restrictions.
• All individuals regardless of vaccination status are still required to wear masks in planes, buses, trains, airports, transportation stations, health care settings, prisons, homeless shelters and schools.
• Private businesses may choose to continue requiring facial coverings.
• Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated individuals are required to wear facial coverings outside of their home, however there are no County-imposed face-covering requirements in San Bernardino County.
• California's restrictions on travel outside the state are lifted.
Read more in this week's County Wire update