Teamwork key to county's vaccination efforts
April 21, 2021
San Bernardino County is continuing to make great progress in its COVID-19 vaccination efforts, with more than 1 million doses given, amounting to over 39 percent of the population!
I’d like to extend a huge thanks to our community partners and Public Health staff who have been working tirelessly to provide vaccination opportunities for our residents.
One of those valued partners is Burning Bush Church, which recently hosted a clinic on April 15 in partnership with St. Mary Health Center and Azusa Pacific University. On April 26, the church will host a walk-in vaccination event for the High Desert's homeless community (no appointments needed).
Desert Valley Hospital and Victor Valley College have also been great partners, offering COVID-19 vaccines Tuesdays-Thursdays in the VVC college gym.
Special kudos also goes to Victor Valley Transit Authority, which is offering FREE on demand shuttle service for residents to vaccination sites at Hook Community Center in Victorville and Our Lady of the Desert Church in Apple Valley. Once you book your appointment, call 760-948-3030 to arrange your shuttle!
Here are some upcoming Pfizer vaccination clinics available in the First District region. All are open to individuals 16+ who live or work in San Bernardino County. Make your appointment at https://myturn.ca.gov/
- Barstow Senior Center (Mobile): 555 Melissa Ave., Barstow, CA 92311
- Calico Ghost Town Regional Park (Mobile): 36600 Ghost Town Rd., Yermo, CA 92398
- Holy Family Hesperia – Diocese (Mobile): 9974 I Ave., Hesperia, CA 92345
- James A Woody Center (Mobile), 13467 Navajo Rd., Apple Valley, CA 92308
- Hesperia Health Center, 16453 Bear Valley Rd., Hesperia, CA 92345
Hook Community Center, 14973 Joshua St., Victorville, CA 92394