San Bernardino County 

Assessor-Recorder-County Clerk

Skip Navigation LinksHome > County Clerk > Marriage for Minors

Marriage License For Minors

Pursuant to Family Code Section §302, if one or both parties requesting a marriage license are under the age of 18, then a court order must be obtained from the courts and a certified copy of the order shall be presented to the county clerk at the time the marriage license is issued. This applies to emancipated minors as well.
1. Obtain court form at
  a. Under “Select a Category”, select “Family Law – Miscellaneous FL-900 – 999”
  b. Click on “See Forms”
  c. Select FL-910 “Request for Minor to Marry”
2. File the written consent of their parent(s) or legal guardian with the clerk of the court and apply to the clerk of the court for judicial approval to marry.
  a. If there is no parent capable of consenting, the court may act in both capacities and make an order consenting to the issuance of a marriage license and granting permission for the minor to marry.
3. In all instances, a certified copy of the court order granting permission to marry must be presented to the County Clerk at the time the marriage license is issued. Minors may not be issued a confidential marriage license under any circumstances.
For additional information please contact:

San Bernardino Superior Court, Historical Courthouse
351 N. Arrowhead, 2nd Floor, Room 200
San Bernardino, CA 92415
(909) 521-3180