· By filling out the form above, I expressly agree to the terms and conditions listed below:
· The County of San Bernardino, its officers and employees, assume no obligation for, and shall not be held liable for, any actions taken or omissions made by you in reliance on the information provided, or for the death, personal injury, or damages of any nature resulting from your failure to receive an emergency message as a result of your submittal of this form.
· No single system or technology is perfect – Completion of this form cannot guarantee that you will receive timely notification in the event of a large-scale community emergency, due to the unforeseen problems that such an emergency could create. It is important that you continue to monitor other public safety warning systems whenever possible.
· Call 9-1-1 only in true emergency circumstances.
· As a resident of the County of San Bernardino and by entering your data in this system, you are enabling the County to send you emergency notifications when and if the County deems it necessary. Residents who live in cities or towns that do not contract with County public safety agencies may not receive alerts from the County. We encourage residents, as part of your personal preparedness efforts, to learn what agencies serve your community and what services they may offer to alert residents in times of disaster.
· Your normal phone and text rates and charges will apply when receiving a message or phone call from our notification system. The County of San Bernardino assumes no responsibility for these fees or charges.
· Neither the County of San Bernardino nor any of its agencies and affiliates, or their employees, makes any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information provided by submittal of this form.
· While the County’s mass notification system is considered effective and efficient, you should not wait for or rely exclusively on a mass notification system call or text message for evacuation directives. If you think you are in danger, you should evacuate immediately.
· The telephone number you register will be called only when the address with which it is associated with is impacted by a disaster or emergency.
· If you enter your information during or shortly before a disaster, we cannot guarantee your information will take effect immediately. However, while this process takes place, the County’s current ability to call landlines remains in place and uninterrupted.
· WARNING: Use of this system for any unauthorized purpose, including the adding of false telephone numbers, the unauthorized registration of others’ telephone numbers, and the unauthorized deletion of others’ telephone numbers, may constitute a violation of federal law and California Penal Code section 502 or 530.5 and may also result in civil penalties. The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department will investigate abuses of this system.